Classification: Salaried / Exempt
Reports to: Division General Manager or Sales Manager
Westchester County, NY
The Account Executive will be responsible for developing new business and working existing accounts to grow revenue in a competitive media environment.
- Extensive cold calling and prospecting; follow-up on new leads from call-ins and referrals from existing clients
- Present and sell company products and services to current and prospective clients
- Prepare action plans and schedules to prospect for and identify target accounts
- Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with client base and agencies for ongoing revenue
- Prepare presentations, proposals and marketing campaigns using company supplied templates
- Help clients develop outstanding creative ideas designed to maximize client results
- Drive long term, consistent revenue through multi-year contracts
- Learn exciting training methods that teach you customer need satisfaction selling
- Assist the General Manager in the attainment of divisional revenue and occupancy quotas
- Be a team player
- Meet required number of weekly sales presentations
- Attend regular networking events
- Maintain accurate up to date records of all client calls
- Efficiently manage time to focus on activities that grow revenues and ensure client satisfaction
- Maintain an appropriate incremental sales pipeline to achieve account enrichment goals
- Meet or exceed personal and divisional sales goals in assigned territory
Be pro-active and keep up with our ever changing industry with regards to new product offerings, industry changes, and competitor actions
- 2+ years of outside sales and marketing experience in advertising preferred
- Must be a proven sales closer with experience at developing new business
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Prior cold calling, outside sales and service experience preferred
- Knowledge of and/or experience in media sales preferred
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required
- Must have clean, dependable transportation and possess a valid driver’s license to meet required number of face to face calls and take clients on market/inventory rides as established by manager
This position must perform necessary travel within assigned territory and should allocate no more than 30% of their time to office work. The employee must maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with all company insurance requirements.
This position requires employee to be in good physical condition. Job will require driving within the territory, getting in and out of a vehicle frequently during the day to call on prospective advertisers. Be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of weight.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, typically 40 hours per week, but could require extra hours as needed for extenuating circumstances.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit Your Information
[contact-form-7 id=”1664″ title=”IT Director Career Send Info Form”]